The Emsworth Cookery School is here to help home cooks develop skills to make delicious everyday dishes and spectacular dishes for special occasions. Founded in 2011 to meet the needs of those who don't know where to start in the kitchen, through to those who love to cook and would like to extend beyond their comfort zone.
For adults, areas include the following:
- Corporate team building events
- Hen & stag parties
- Masterclasses in Pasta, Bread, Pastry
- International cuisines incl Chinese, Indian, Thai, Italian…
- Healthy and seasonal courses to make the most of fresh ingredients to create fresh and tempting dishes without ruining your diet.
- Private classes for groups or on a one-to-one basis
My work with school-aged children covers the following areas:
- parties & one-off cookery sessions for groups of friends
- holiday classes
- 4 week 'Young Chefs' programs
- After school clubs (in schools)
- National curriculum-based sessions (in my kitchens or at schools)
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Skills section
- University/ flying the nest cookery
- One-to-one sessions
The majority of the children's classes are in my home kitchens but I do also work with a number of local schools to bring the fun of cooking into the classroom, tying in with Numeracy, Literacy, History, Geography, Languages…
I aim to pass on my passion for food and cooking in a fun and relaxed atmosphere. Cooks get plenty of hands-on experience to build their confidence and ensure they can recreate the dishes at home and feel better prepared to try new recipes and ingredients.