In 1924 Harry Hurst Treagust bought the shop at 17 High Street, Emsworth, on the south coast.
Harry lived and traded there with his wife Anneta and their seven children.
In 1929 the shop passed to Harry Clifford Treagust, their eldest son, who with his wife Bertha worked hard to establish the business as a good quality family butcher’s shop.
Each generation has put their mark on the business and Benjamin Harry (fifth generation), is no exception.
The shop continues to provide excellent quality master butchery to this day.
Still standing strong as one of the few long-standing independent businesses in the community.